We'll blow it away, blow it away,
Can we make this something good?
(via fyeahfemshep)Source: human-spectre
Here’s a question: how do you handle the weirdness of being a writer? I’ve written for fun in short bursts since childhood and am now in the midst of my first serious fiction project. I spend a lot of my free time working on it. Lately, I’m bugged by the thought of how odd it is for a grown woman to spend so much time alone with her imagination. If I never get published (or never want to) and have no goal other than my own amusement, is it weird? Do other writers feel this way? How do you deal?
Haha, I seriously love this question!
I think it’s something that all writers will think about for most of their lives. Because writing is a different experience for everyone, and something that’s largely done alone, it is really easy to feel lonely/crazy/weird.
I think the best advice I can give is to
Don’t just hate that moment when you log onto Tumblr and dashboard is full of:
1) Pre-pubescent fangirling
2) Ridiculously over-dramatic teenage angst
3) Ridiculously over-dramatic teenage angst from people in their twenties
4) Anything relating to -
iii) Doctor Who
5) Incessant fucking narcissism
I don’t give a shit about your personal problems kids so why don’t you just STFU FOR ONCE. NO ONE CARES BUT YOU, DOUCHENUGGETS.
Using sound waves to levitate individual droplets of solutions containing pharmaceutical drugs and drying them in mid-air. Why do this? This is useful because most of the drugs on the market are either amorphous or crystalline and the crystalline form doesn’t get absorbed by the body. So levitating the solution allows the drug to be made into an amorphous state (by evaporation) because if it were to touch any surface it would simply crystallize. They call this “containerless processing”.
The frequencies used are just above the audible range at about 22 kilohertz and when the two speakers are aligned they create two sets of sound waves, perfectly interfering with each other creating a phenomenon known as a standing wave. This allows the objects to levitate in areas within the waves known as nodes as the acoustic pressure is enough to cancel the force of gravity.
(via thereissomeoneinmyhead)Source: thesciencellama
- itunes - The world’s best digital music jukebox.
- vlc media player - Simple, fast and powerful media player. Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
- dvd video soft - Free Studio Manager has 8 sections for easy access to any application: YouTube programs; MP3 and Audio; CD, DVD and BD; DVD and Video; Photo and Images; Mobiles; Apple Devices; and 3D programs.
- vuze - the easiest to use and best torrent download software on the internet.
- photoshop cs6 - this post explains how to install photoshop for free.
- ytd video ripper - Download videos from 50+ sites including youtube.
- sony vegas pro 12 + crack (torrent) - video editing software. Great for making fan-vids.
- winX dvd ripper - a windows-based DVD ripper software capable of ripping any DVD to mainstream videos, such as rip DVD to AVI, DVD to MP4. The free trial will only rip 5 minutes at a time. This is perfect for ripping scenes for gifs/to upload to tumblr. If you have the money, the full version is great and will rip whole dvd’s.
Google chrome extensions for tumblr:
- stylish - the largest collection of user styles anywhere! User styles let you change the way websites look. (you’ll need this for certain scripts/extensions to work)
- tumtaster - for ripping music off tumblr.
- tumblr savior - Just add your most despised terms to the black list and Tumblr Savior will valiantly protect your delicate sensibilities. And if you wonder what got hidden, there’s a handy link to show you.
- missing e - Many ways to improve your Tumblr experience!
- hide follower count (script) - hides the follower count from the Tumblr Sidebar. (you can still see your follower count if you click on “followers”)
- tag editor auto extended (script) - shows all tags at once.
- fvd video ripper - a browser plugin that allows you to download video and audio files from almost any page for further viewing on your computer
(via gay-mo)Source: gay-mo
need emoticons??? HERE HAVE SOME
need tile backgrounds??? HERE U GO
need themes??? DID YOU SAY SOMEFIN
need a dropdown link thing??? YEP
feeling down??? MIGHT NOT HELP, BUT A START
i seriously have like a ton of stuff omg
I HAVE A FUCK TON OF THEME MASTER POSTS
ITS EVEN ORGANIZED BY CATEGORY SO HEY
(via jessicachastains)Source: sleepyking